Your contract with Northern Leisure
These Terms and Conditions (including the Cancellation Policy) become binding at the time of you making a booking and paying the £250 Deposit. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, please contact Northern Leisure in writing immediately. A copy of these Terms and Conditions will be sent out with your booking confirmation letter. You will be required to sign a copy of the same Terms and Conditions as well as a Self-Drive Hire Rental Agreement when collecting the motorhome.
Booking procedure & payment
An initial Deposit of £250 is required to confirm the booking, which is non-refundable and must be paid at the time of booking. The remaining balance of your Hire Charges are payable 6 weeks prior to the start date of your hire, or at the time of booking if you book less than six weeks from the start date of your hire. Payment of the Deposit and remaining Hire Charges are accepted by Bank Transfer, Credit or Debit Card.
A Security Deposit of £1,000 is payable on collection of the motorhome and can be paid via Credit or Debit Card. When the motorhome is returned at the end of the hire period, we will carry out a detailed inspection whilst it is being cleaned and prepared for the next hire. We will refund the Security Deposit to you within 5 working days provided that the motorhome has been returned to us on time, in the same condition it was let out, with the toilet cassette empty and clean, interior clean including all cooking appliances and the fuel tank replenished to the same level as when the motorhome was let out. In the event of any loss/damage/breakages of the motorhome or any equipment within the motorhome, any costs, charges or insurance claims/excesses as described throughout these Terms and Conditions, Northern Leisure reserve the right to deduct any amount which we determine to be due to us from the Security Deposit and/or on any Credit or Debit card used to pay the Hire Charges or Security Deposit. Our decision as to what is due is final and binding and you will be provided with a breakdown of any deductions.
All drivers who need to be insured to drive the motorhome must be declared to Northern Leisure at the time of booking or in advance of the collection date. The motorhome is supplied to the hirer with Comprehensive UK insurance which will only cover the approved drivers and only during the approved period of hire. Our insurance will accept drivers with a full UK driving licence, aged between 25 and 75 with at least 2 years driving experience on a full UK driving licence. Anyone outside these criteria and/or with any driving convictions must be disclosed to Northern Leisure at the time of booking so that we can refer them to our insurers for consideration. Specific terms may be applied for certain drivers which may include an additional premium and/or excess. Northern Leisure will confirm any such additional terms to the hirer prior to the commencement of the hire period. Drivers who hold an automatic only driving licence can only drive automatic models and this must be declared at the time of booking. Failure to comply with these points will invalidate the insurance cover and you will be held responsible for any associated costs.
In advance of the commencement of your hire period, Northern Leisure must have been provided with the driving licence numbers, national insurance numbers and address for all drivers. On the day that the motorhome is collected, all drivers will need to bring with them their driving licence, passport and a bank/credit card statement or utility bill no more than 3 months old from the date of the start of the hire period. The address on the driving licence for each driver MUST be their current address and MUST match the address on all other identification documents provided to us. Northern Leisure reserves the right to refuse to permit some or all the drivers and/or cancel the booking if the terms of our insurance cannot be met. Any hire charges will be forfeited in full and Northern Leisure accept no liability for any charges or costs incurred as a result of this.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Northern Leisure at the earliest opportunity. The following cancellation charges will apply: –
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks before = Deposit of £250 will be lost.
- Cancellation 6 weeks – 2 weeks before = 50% of total hire charges will be lost.
- Cancellation 2 weeks – No Show = 100% of total hire charges will be lost.
Northern Leisure reserves the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events. Northern Leisure cannot postpone or transfer monies from one hire to another. All members of the hire party should obtain their own Travel insurance. Northern Leisure accept no liability for any charges or costs incurred as a result of cancellation.
Northern Leisure has the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge. In such cases, no refund of the hire charges will be made by Northern Leisure and Northern Leisure has no further liability.
Events beyond Northern Leisure’s control
Unfortunately, events beyond Northern Leisure’s control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Conditions of Hire, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s) which Northern Leisure could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Northern Leisure cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your contract with us is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond Northern Leisure’s control. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if Northern Leisure have to cancel your booking, we will offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome (if available) or a refund of your Hire Charges. The offer of an alternative vehicle or refund shall be an exclusive remedy in respect of any loss, costs or expenses caused by events beyond our control.
The motorhome will be available for collection from our premises on the agreed date and at the agreed time which will be specified in your booking confirmation letter. Please allow around 45 minutes to complete the necessary paperwork and a detailed handover of the motorhome.
The motorhome must be delivered back to our premises no later than the agreed date and time which will be specified in the Self-Drive Hire Rental Agreement. The motorhome must be returned to us in person and the keys handed to a member of Northern Leisure staff. Under no circumstances should the motorhome be left outside our premises and/or the keys posted through the letterbox or left elsewhere. In such an instance, the insurance is invalid, and you and any subsequent drivers will be fully responsible for any loss or damage to the vehicle. Late returns can have a significant impact on the next hire. If you fail to return the motorhome on time you will be liable to an extra charge of £100 per hour. There are no refunds for motorhomes returned early.
You will have the vehicle for the agreed hire period which will be detailed in the Self-Drive Hire Rental Agreement. Any requested extension to the hire period must be approved and confirmed by Northern Leisure in writing to enable us to make any required extension to the hire insurance. If you fail to return the motorhome on time, you are breaching these Terms and Conditions. The hire insurance provided is only valid for the agreed period of hire thus any late returns would automatically constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act. Invalid insurance means the main hirer & any subsequent drivers become personally liable for any accident or damage to the motorhome or third party or personal injuries.
The Hire Insurance
The motorhome is supplied to the hirer with Comprehensive UK insurance which will only cover the approved drivers and only for the agreed period of hire, both of which are specified in the Self-Drive Hire Rental Agreement. Northern Leisure can arrange European Insurance cover at additional cost if requested and this will be confirmed in your booking confirmation letter. If you take the motorhome outside the UK without our prior written agreement and without us arranging the appropriate cover, the vehicle will be uninsured, and you will be in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Invalid insurance means the main hirer & any subsequent drivers become personally liable for any accident or damage to the motorhome or third party or personal injuries. In addition, you will also forfeit the security deposit in full. The insurance cover provided is only for the vehicle and our equipment/contents within the vehicle. All members of the hire party should obtain their own Travel insurance. Northern Leisure can accept no liability for loss of or damage to personal possessions howsoever caused.
- We allow pets to travel in certain motorhomes subject to our prior approval of the quantity, size and breed of the pet(s). A supplementary fee of £30 per pet is chargeable. You agree to the following: –
- Pet(s) will not be allowed on any of the soft furnishings or upholstery or beds within the motorhome.
- Pet(s) will not be left in the motorhome unattended at any time.
- You have the sole responsibility for ensuring adequate safe and legal restraint of the pet(s).
- You will keep the motorhome free of fouling by the pet(s) during the hire period.
- You will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the pet(s) is free from fleas or mites.
- The motorhome will be returned in a clean and tidy condition throughout. In the event of the motorhome being returned with evidence of damage and/or fouling and/or infestation caused by the pet(s) then you agree to pay the full reasonable cost for repairs, cleaning or de-infestation.
- No pet(s) are permitted in any of our motorhomes without prior written agreement from Northern Leisure. Failure to comply with this will result in the forfeit of the Security Deposit in full.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in any of our motorhomes in either the cab area or the living area. Any infringement of this condition will result in the forfeit of the Security Deposit in full.
You are responsible for all fines and charges including but not limited to parking fines, speeding fines, traffic fines, road/bridge/tunnel tolls and the full cost of any fees or charges associated with the motorhome being clamped, recovered, seized or impounded by any Authority including any additional legal/court costs and where applicable, a loss of income charge while Northern Leisure cannot rent out the motorhome. Northern Leisure reserve the right to charge a £25 administration fee.
- You must not drive the motorhome whilst under the influence of any alcohol or drugs, overload the motorhome, use the motorhome for hire or reward, for any illegal purpose, for racing, pace making, testing the vehicles reliability and speed testing or for teaching someone to drive. You must not drive the motorhome outside the UK unless we have given you permission.
- You must not drive the motorhome “Off Road” other than for reasonable access to a campsite. Should you become stuck at any time while ‘Off Road’ you will be responsible for any recovery costs.
- You must always drive the motorhome in a safe and legal manner including observing all speed limits. The motorhome is not designed to exceed 70mph for passenger and vehicle safety. The vehicle is fitted with a GPS tracking alert which will notify us of any occurrences of speeding. Each occurrence could incur a fine of £50.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the motorhome or any of its parts or contents. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the motorhome.
- You must not let anyone carry out any repair or maintenance work on the motorhome without Northern Leisure’s written permission. If we do give you permission, you will only receive a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
- You are responsible for the security of the motorhome at all times during the hire period. You must look after the motorhome and all the keys. You must always lock the motorhome when you are not using it and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the motorhome. You must always protect the motorhome against bad weather which could cause damage.
- You must ensure that the motorhome continues to be kept in a roadworthy condition at all times during the hire period, including checking engine levels, tyres and windscreens. You must inform Northern Leisure as soon as you become aware of any faults with or damage to the motorhome.
- Before you return the motorhome, you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the motorhome. Northern Leisure accept no responsibility for any personal belongings left in the motorhome and is authorised to dispose of these items after the end of the hire period.
- You must make sure that you use the correct fuel, that you do not lose the keys or do not lock them inside the motorhome and that you do not let the vehicle battery run flat. These items are not covered by the breakdown service and you will be liable for the full cost of any remedial repairs.
- You are responsible for all overhead damage resulting from any accident or incident. Overhead damage is defined as damage to the vehicle over and above 6 feet or 1.83 metres from the ground.
- You are responsible for damage to Windscreen and for Punctures and Damages to the Tyres.
Fuel & Gas Bottles
The level of the vehicle fuel tank will be noted at commencement of the hire period and documented in the Self-Drive Hire Rental Agreement. The vehicle must be returned to us with the same level of fuel. Where this is not adhered to, a charge of £50 plus the cost of the missing fuel will be payable by you. At the commencement of the hire period, the vehicle will be supplied with two Calor Gas bottles in the gas locker. One bottle will be completely full and the second (the bottle which is connected) will be partially full. The contents of the two bottles are included within the hire charge, however, should you need to purchase more Calor Gas this is the responsibility of the hirer. The vehicle must be returned to us with both Calor Gas bottles in place. A charge of £75 will be payable by you for each missing Calor Gas bottle.
Seatbelts & Child Seats
Our motorhomes are fitted with seatbelts. These are always to be worn when the vehicle is in motion. Appropriate car seats must be used for children in accordance with the law. It is the responsibility of the hirer to fit any child seats themselves. Northern Leisure accept no responsibility for any child seats or restraints that have not been fitted correctly or when seatbelts are not worn when the vehicle is on the move. Please check when making your booking that the vehicle has an adequate number of seatbelts for your party as Northern Leisure accept no responsibility for this.
The following additional charges will apply where applicable
- £50 where the toilet cassette and/or housing have not been emptied and cleaned.
- £50 where any cooking appliances or equipment are found to be uncleansed.
- £50 plus the cost of the missing fuel where the fuel tank has not been replenished.
- £100 where the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition.
- £50 where the vehicle exceeds the speed limit.
- £75 where there is a missing Calor Gas bottle.
Our vehicles are supplied with Full Roadside Assistance cover within the UK and EU. Details of the cover will be provided during your handover. No responsibility can be accepted by Northern Leisure for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is due to a proven reason of Northern Leisure’s failure to adequately maintain the motorhome in a fit state and condition. If you do break down, you should contact the Breakdown service which covers the vehicle and inform Northern Leisure as soon as possible.
In the event of an accident the safety of the hirer and their party is paramount. Emergency services should be called first if necessary and the accident dealt with in the necessary manner. Only after everyone involved in the accident is safe should the hirer contact Northern Leisure and we will then try and minimise any loss to both ourselves and the hirer. Regardless of how minor the accident may seem, full details of anyone involved need to be noted down in the accident report form which is kept in the vehicle. This is the responsibility of the hirer. Each vehicle has a Customer Guide which includes a section called “What to Do in The Event of An Accident” and you should follow the guidance contained within this document and/or contact Northern Leisure for guidance. Any accident or incident which involves damage to our vehicle, another vehicle or any third party must be notified to Northern Leisure as soon as possible as failure to do so could compromise our and your insurance position. The insurance cover provided is only for the vehicle and our equipment/contents within the vehicle. All members of the hire party should obtain their own Travel insurance. No responsibility can be accepted by Northern Leisure for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any accident unless it is due to a proven reason of Northern Leisure’s failure to adequately maintain the motorhome in a fit state and condition.
You may park one car or van on our premises free of charge for the duration of your hire period, however, this is entirely at your own risk. Wherever possible, your vehicle will be stored inside our building, however, due to the nature of our premises the vehicle may need to be moved around our premises and therefore the keys need to be left with Northern Leisure for the duration of the hire period.
Vehicle Ownership & Repossession
The motorhome will always remain the property of Northern Leisure and we may repossess the vehicle at any time without further notice if you are in breach of this agreement. This will not affect our right to receive any monies we are owed under the conditions of this agreement.
GDPR / Data Protection
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1984, Northern Leisure may hold and process by computer or otherwise the information given to or obtained by it. Northern Leisure’s GDPR policy states that we retain certain personal documentation for a period of no more than 12 months. After this time, all personal documentation is destroyed in line with our GDPR policy. If you prefer your personal documentation to be destroyed immediately after the hire period, please contact Northern Leisure to request this.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute not resolved by mutual agreement may only be settled in the courts of this jurisdiction.
If any provision or part-provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement.
The parties agree that the agreement constitutes the entire agreement between them, and supersedes all previous drafts, agreements, arrangements and understandings between them, whether oral or written.